Thursday 22 May 2014

Wishes do come true

Back from Dubai, all sunned up. I don't know how anyone can work in that kind of heat, I really don't. But to swim all day, and eat all night.... Just perfect.

His wish, granted by Starlight, was to go to the biggest waterpark in the world. He is BIG on water slides, and he dreams big. And the biggest waterpark in the world is Atlantis in Dubai. If you have not been to Dubai, all I can say is that it is crazy riches displayed in every way conceivable. Garish at times, but you kind of can't help but respect them for their brazen showoffishness. Some amazing modern architecture. The replica ottoman style I'm not so sure about, never am about the new looking old look. Lots of gold of course. And posh cars galore, literally no old bangers. And did I say hot? Bloody hot.

The water slides are just amazing, we had 3 days at Atlantis, and another at Wild Wadi. We shot down near vertical drops into shark filled pools, and cruised down rapids for miles, and never tired of any of it. We slid, swam, ate and drank to our hearts content. 

Kids loved every minute, they really did. Thank you thank you thank you starlight. And TF he was well for it too. 

Me, I learnt on the last day that while I love raw fish and stinky, sloppy blue cheeses, they don't love me. And I still curl up into the foetal position in pain. Lesson learnt. Doesn't matter. Kids had a ball.

The only struggle was leaving our littlest babe with her fantastic grandparents.... Totally the right decision, too hot, too far, and too young, but god did I miss her soft skin, little smile, and funny half words! So an amazing trip, but a wonderful feeling to be home too.




This week a man who made me laugh a lot died. I will miss you Anders. Thank you for sharing your story.