Sunday 13 July 2014

Live life then give life.... Again.

It's National Transplant week. I have previously posted on this topic before, which you can read Here. I feel both lucky and yet also immensely sad that I have known so many stories of people either waiting for an organ that never came, or receiving that most amazing gift from a generous stranger. Some of those stories have affected me deeply; I miss some of those people very much, while I celebrate the new lives that others have gained.

I just urge everyone to think, you are more likely to need an organ donation, than you are to give one.

Eva lived only 3 years after her lung transplant, too little by far, but I know they were 3 amazing years and she did so much to raise awareness of these important issues. When she knew she was dying, she wrote;

a mark on the world
a difference
some proof that i had been here
something to say that i mattered
that when my body left this world my soul had made its imprint


She did matter. Very much, and she has left her heart shaped imprint on me, and no doubt thousands of others across the world. Organ donation can mean a whole new life, a new chance. Sign the register Here.

Read more about the amazing Eva here. Goodnight all.